Wednesday, June 21, 2006

AHEM: I have an announcement

I would have loved to have said, you see it here first, but as is her right, Miss Amie broke the new on her very own blog. You see we now have yet another fabulous person announcing their joining our little cruise. But Amie isn't just any fabulous knitter, oh, no. Amie is THE designer behind the sock patterns that will be in your goody bags with YARN!!! I happen to have it on VERY good authority that there isn't just one pattern for Mama E's delicious yarn either --- BONUS patterns, I tell you the goodness doesn't end.
Also, Amie is kind enough to teach a few of the workshops too. I have to say, I'm beyond thrilled to have the woman behind 2000 socks in 2006 (which I believe she already met her goal) on board. But you know what makes her a little bit MORE special. Yup, you saw it on her blog too didn't you --- a TICKER!! Counting down the days til the cruise. I best get packing. Teehee. Actually I think I'm going to make a goal for myself to wear socks I knit between now and the cruise ---- so if you see me with one sock or mis-matched socks, you'll know why!
Thanks Amie -- I can't wait to learn!

8 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

Queen, my dear, if it's warm enough for socks, it's warm enough that they're (mostly) covered. Mismatching is only an issue at doctors offices, at which point "oops - laundry day" said with a sheepish look will earn forgiveness from those who don't understand second sock syndrome....

6:41 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hey Queen, maybe we can convince amie to do a 2 socks on 2 circs workshop so we can avoid the 2nd sock syndrome!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHOY! Welcome Amie!!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds so exciting! I've never done a cruise and this would fit the bill very nicely.

One other note, the link to your blog on the cruise line site doesn't seem to be working. Someone on Knitter's Review posted the link to your blog.

9:07 AM  
Blogger The Queen said...

Yarngoddess: Thank you. I just fixed the link. Seems spelling counts in links ;)
Thanks for letting me know.

9:16 AM  
Blogger AuntyNin said...

Some things are just way too hard to resist, and the combination of an ocean fix and a yarn fix at the same time is one of them. My cabin is booked!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Michelle- Check out this online tutorial for 2 socks on 2 circs http://www.socknitters.com/2circs/index.htm

5:11 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Ahoy - I'm booked! - and I'm bringing my mom and daughter!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home