Wednesday, November 08, 2006

We have returned...

Yes, I've returned from my working vacation onboard the Vision of the Seas. Oh, the work I've done for the group!!!

First, I've handpicked our wait staff. I found the wait staff to be delightful (which is a shocking understatement considering they welcomed my 3 year old with open arms and catered to his every whim) and when I inquired of the super waiter if he'd be on board in April -- he was thrilled. He was a little taken aback when I also mentioned 90 of my new closest friends with pointy sticks -- but he's warming to the idea. (And no, the wonder waiter will not be the only one serving 90 -- I actually spoke to his Head Waiter and got a commitment that his staff would be taking care of us.) I've also arranged for us to be in a private section of the dining room, so we can be as loud as we want -- but we shall have windows!!!

Secondly, I happened to spend a little time with the Head of Housekeeping on the ship. Here's the good news to share. While I was on the ship they were in the process of upgrading the beds (HELLO, brand new BEDS!!!) and linens. This process seems to also include some new carpet in some staterooms too. The whole upgrade will be done by the time we are onboard.

Thirdly, I may or may not have freaked out the Cruise Director on the ship. He will be onboard at the time too (which have you guessed, was my new favorite question). I casually mentioned that I was bringing a bunch of knitters onboard and next thing I knew I was in his office sharing the details meeting the Heads of various departments.... let me leave it as this: They have been warned.

I'll leave this update with a comment on the ship: I really like her. She's not one of the mega ships, in fact she's SMALL by comparison to Royal Caribbean's line -- but she has a charm that is delightful. And the staff, oh, my the staff. I wanted to take about 4 of them home with me! As I wandered the decks, I could see places for knitters to congregate all over the ship.

So, I hope everyone can feel my excitement for this trip --- we literally said, "I see knitters here." for 7 straight days. Oh -- and just wait until you meet our wait staff.

6 Comments:

Blogger AuntyNin said...

Well, yes, you've tried to warn them. Whether they actually believe the warning is another question.

Do we really have to wait five and a half months? I wanna go NOW!(insert whining noise here)

7:51 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

How Exciting...I can't wait!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Ana Petrova said...

Only 5 months 3 weeks to go!

I can hardly wait.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

This really is exciting and I can't wait.

Jackie Hutcherson
The Knitting Hutch

1:06 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Well, when it comes to size in the cruise line industry all things are relative ;)

Vision of The Seas is small by Royal Caribbean's standards, she's 78,000tons but by comparison Royal Caribbean's largest ship Freedom of The Seas is 154,000 tons and is the largest ship in the world.

However, when compared other lines Vision of The Seas is about average or slighly below average in terms of size and passenger capacity.

2:24 PM  
Blogger badmommy said...

Dude! You so totally rock!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home