Monday, October 02, 2006

Invoices and Statements

Have you been missing me? Oh, the places I've been....actually, no. I've had my nose stuck in my computer for about three weeks now. I've completely changed computer systems and the process may drive me to drink --- which does not aid in my goal to reduce errors in my knitting. Thus this is where you come in.

Over the next few hours, I'm working on sending everyone an e-mail. This e-mail contains an attachment which hopefully is the latest version of your Sea Socks Reservation.

Here's the thing. I recently upgraded my software. (Oh the pains of this process -- I promise not to bore you with all the details.) In the process, I tried to make sure that everything transferred correctly, but I fear as this was entirely manually and I'm entirely human, there are errors. These are JUST ERRORS in my system, nothing that would cause a problem to your ACTUAL reservation. However, if we don't catch it now, I am concerned it may cause my final lists to be wrong in the end --- which no one wants, right?

Please when you get your e-mail, take a minute and double check that everything looks right to you. Of particular concern to me is the add-ons (shore excursions, insurance, pre- and post- cruise hotel information, and that it states you are looking for a roommate if you told me you are). If something is wrong, looks odd, or isn't how you'd like it in the final version, please either e-mail me or call. I'd rather iron this all out now and not face any surprises as I shut down my old "system" (which I hesitate to admit may or may not be a series of post-it notes and sheets of paper.)

I appreciate you all helping me proof this new system and your patience in the process. To that end, for helping me out with this little proofing process, I'll add a welcome aboard gift to everyone's stateroom!!! (I'm thinking either cookies or champange --- if you have an opinion, and who doesn't, let me know)

And if you DON'T get an e-mail and are expecting one --- e-mail me or call ASAP. Give it until tomorrow to get through -- there are quite a few of you and one of me --- but still, I make everything right -- just help me know what that is.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Don't worry Patricia... we're all in your corner and we know that you'll have everything running smoothly soon.

Joanne
http://www.rjconklin.com/keeptalking.htm

3:27 PM  
Blogger AuntyNin said...

I'd vote for cookies; to quote the Harlot, "Friends don't let friends knit drunk."

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home