Monday, July 10, 2006

Opinion Time

Hi again. Since my last post, I've gotten information about the excursions I've been working on. However, before I announce your options, I need your opinions. This is NOT a commitment, just a poll for an opinion.

Two simple questions, mostly cause I need a head count:
  1. How many of you would be interested in extending your stay in Vancouver by two nights? Other than YARN, would you be interested in a tour or being on your own?
  2. If you are seeking to save some money, one of the ways is to fly from Seattle instead of Vancouver. If I pulled a tour together of some of Vancouver and the trip to Seattle (plan that this would put you in late enough to take a red-eye home if you are on the east coast), are you interested? Would you prefer if it included a night in a hotel in Seattle so you could take an AM flight?
Ok, that was more like four simple questions. If neither of these ideas appeals, let me know what might or if you plan to fly out on Friday without really stopping in Vancouver or Seattle.

This will help me tell the folks doing the planning how many to plan for and possibly share a target price range.

Asking a lot aren't I?

10 Comments:

Blogger AuntyNin said...

Before I start, remember, you asked for my opinion...

What I'd like to be able to do is get myself and my baggage from the pier to the train station, take the train from Vancouver to Seattle, and have a night in a hotel in Seattle. If that allowed a bit of time for a minor sight-seeing jaunt around Vancouver (or a yarn store assault), so much the better.

If enough people were interested in taking the Vancouver / Seattle train, Amtrak just might be willing to do a "group rate" pricing.

As it stands now, I'm seriously considering using Amtrak to get home from Seattle.

7:38 AM  
Blogger The Queen said...

Oh, Aunty Nin -- I'm SO with you. I'm working on it. Typed the Amtrak request before I read your post, so we shall see.
The train leaves Vancouver at 6ish and will get into Seattle late, which will most likely mean an overnight in Seattle before flying home. Since Seattle is one of *MY* favorite cities, I don't see this as a hardship, but thought I'd mention it.
(Bonus: another yarn shop)

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vancouver - stay an extra night or 2 - definitely. Seattle - probably not, but only because it's going to take me a whole day to get home anyway, whether it's from Seattle or Vancouver. I'd just as soon not spend a chunk of it on a train, since I know I'll have to be home by Sunday night at the latest.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Well, I'm considering going to Seattle BEFORE the cruise, but immediately after is MD Sheep & Wool, and that's in my own backyard - must be home for that!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Staying a few more nights in Vancouver would totally depend on the cost. If it is reasonable I would love it.
As for seattle that probably doesn't apply to me as I am flying home to toronto.

6:43 PM  
Blogger badmommy said...

Train from Vancouver to Seattle is what I'd like to do and then fly home from Seattle. Extra nights in Vancouver and/or Seattle are mostly dependent on $$.

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teresa & I are planning to stay one night in Vancouver, then fly home on Saturday (we've already booked airfare). I think we'd both be open to a tour of Vancouver and/or a yarn shop assault. Our flight leaves around 8 Sat. morning so we'll have to be at the airport EARLY - like 6-ish. Any assistance in accomplishing that will be greatly appreciated.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to take the train from Vancouver to Seattle then spend both Friday & Sat nts in Seattle. I hear Seattle is the mecca for yarn!

10:38 AM  
Blogger The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog said...

Cody and I would love to take a tour of Vancouver then take the train to Seattle and spend the night in Seattle. Neither of us have taken a cruise before and he's never been on a train before so this will be a very exciting trip!

We haven't booked any flights yet.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roger and I will be taking the train to Seattle as we live there!
We are frequent cruisers and have our passports ready!!
This will be a great trip.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home