Thursday, August 24, 2006

Did someone say FREE?

Oh, I think I might have.

We at SeaSocks Central have very good friends in the San Francisco Bay area. The kind owner of Marin Fiber Arts has invited each and everyone of us to come for a visit while we are in town. In order to make this all possible, Warren is kindly sponsoring a bus for us to come to his shop. In addition, he is hosting a trunk show for Nature's Palette Yarns.

UPDATE: I got this awesome call from Warren, the owner of Marin Fiber Arts, it seems that in addition to Nature's Palette having a trunk show at his shop on May 1st. (Aunty Nin, who keeps me in line with dates -- did I get this one right?:)) Kirsten Muench, owner of Muench Yarns, is personally doing a trunk show TOO. Ok, two trunk shows, a yarn store full of yarn, and a bus -- does it get any better than this?

Now, I'm in the processing of reserving the bus and I need to get an idea of how many of you may be interested. This would be a tour from about 9am to 3pm, which would preclude doing the tours of San Francisco. However, I promise to be most entertaining on the bus (to the point you'll feel like you've "been there" -- I kid. But you'll let me practice my next profession of being a tour guide in the process). I know some are traveling with families and there is no requirement to come on this yarn crawl excursion. Like I said, I just need an idea of how large a bus to contract for.

12 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Hi Queen,
I would love to go!
by the way I don't think I got a confirmation email...can you double check for me?
Thanks
Michelle

2:37 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Please sign Kaity and I up for this excursion!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Ana Petrova said...

Please sign me up!

Happy Knitting!

5:10 PM  
Blogger AuntyNin said...

Six hours at a yarn store. To quote an ooooold TV show:

"DANGER, Will Robinson!"

Count me in.

7:46 AM  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

I haven't even reserved my cabin yet, and I want to sign up for this!

8:02 AM  
Blogger The Queen said...

I'll be more than happy to put you on the list -- but you need to get that cabin reserved ;)

I'm getting SO excited!!!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Sign up 2 more. My mom and I will come. How could we pass up another yarn binge

2:16 PM  
Blogger AuntyNin said...

Somebody's counting on me to keep their dates straight? Yikes!

But yes, May 1 looks right. Somehow, though, I think it's going to be Warren who ends up shouting "Mayday! Mayday!!" after the busload of crazed cruising knitters turns up at his shop.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Add me to the group for Marin Fiber Arts yarn crawl

Jackie

9:10 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Count me in!!!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

More to sign up here: 4!

Woohoo! ;]

8:06 PM  
Blogger Spinny Bunt said...

I'm pretty sure Roz and I are in for this one!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home